Dental implants are placed in the healthy alveolar bone of the missing natural teeth and they make a direct connection between their surface and the healthy alveolar bone within a few months through the process of Osseo-integration. The lodge into the alveolar bone just like the natural tooth roots of your teeth giving a lifelike feeling both in view of the structure as well the functions carried out by these later on.
Previously dental health providers had only the options of bridges, removable acrylic partial dentures, cast partial dentures and complete dentures for the replacement of lost teeth. All these treatment options look like artificial in nature. These have an effect on the social life of patients. The functional aspects of all these prosthesis are also somewhat compromising. In comparison with all the above mentioned dental replacement prosthesis,the benefits of dental implants are in a large number.
Benefits and advantages of dental implants
1. Dental implants have the benefit of being best in esthetic sense
- It provides a lively look just like a natural tooth gives both in the manner of its structure as well as its function.
- It transmits all the sensations within the bone during eating, chewing, drinking and other activities. It gives you a boost in your daily life.
- It imparts confidence during your job and work.
- It gives you your broad smile back which was lost with the missing teeth.
2. Dental implants prosthesis does not come at the expense of adjacent sound tooth structure
- It does not require cutting or removal of healthy enamel of adjacent teeth as is the requirement for the placement of dental bridge prosthesis. Your adjacent teeth remain untouched and in their place for the overall well-being of your dental health in future.
- It does not need the removal of your prosthesis daily and placement in water containers like removable dentures which are often lost due to patient’s negligence.
3. Dental implants once again give you the chance and benefit to speak with confidence in a class room, a conference room, a symposium forum and business board meeting.
- You can have a new life to flourish within your field.
- They do not have the problems like the irritating sounds and wobbles experienced in case of dentures.
- These do not require any messy pastes and denture glues as well.
- Another major benefit of opting for dental implants treatment is the high predictability of their success rates and long life. They are considered to be the ultimate and final prosthesis for your missing teeth as they have been documented to last for the life period of an individual. This life expectancy depends upon the skill of the dental health professional, the implant placement procedure and technique, meticulous and thorough oral hygiene maintenance measures and care by the patient himself. The last factor is of prime importance.
In short, dental implant prosthesis has replaced almost all the other treatment options.The advantages of dental implants mentioned above provides to each one of us the idea that they are so far the best prosthesis for the replacement of missing teeth.